Originally posted on 06/06/2017:

The economic system did throw me off a bit, but it's done in such a transparent way that I wouldn't really call it internal...it's meant to be a decentralized system after all. The rewards for early adoption are pretty standard in the crypto world and pretty much anywhere else, and the bonuses for this were actually very tame compared to some other recent ICOs giving out massive rewards to their initial investors. They even built a calculator for us to test different market conditions and see their effects on the currency, giving us some idea what to expect and letting us make preparations/adjustments for different situations. Given their outlook, I doubt outright price manipulation will be a problem and the team would be more than happy to include appropriate safeguards if you can find situations where this could happen. On the topic of this, David would probably be annoyed with me if I didn't include a link to his paper that talks about some of this:

https://news.wagerr.com/bit-by-bit-a...entralization/

From what I've seen, you don't have to get in early. Waiting to get in later has a whole number of benefits too, the main one being stability and just the guarantee of seeing everything up and running before spending a dime. You aren't very likely to see a mass devaluation, but you probably won't see your wgr go up by as much as it had before either. You'll have to rely more on solid betting then, but hey it'll still at least be one more book you can check for potential value. And the low fees would put pressure on traditional books to bring their costs down, which is always good for us.

Pretty much everything will be handled by consensus, since there won't be a central authority. The currency won't be proprietary, and I'm guessing people will eventually be able to add on their own customizations and such...as long as it can still communicate properly with the rest of the network of course. Once it's up and running, nobody really knows exactly where it will go since it will be a community-driven project at that point and any changes will require a 2/3 masternode consensus.