Originally posted on 05/21/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
Well then I guess Cleveland would have to put in more of an effort during the regular season.

Cleveland knows how to play the game, Cleveland knows they can sleepwalk to a #2 seed in the East because of all the shitty 'D' league teams in that conference.
If Cleveland put in a half ass effort during this past regular season they would own the #1 seed, not Boston.
How many games did Lebron sit? 10?
10 or so very strategically placed games too.
I guarantee you if James plays 80 regular season games he's not nearly as fresh as he is now.
That argument doesn't hold much water bro. Spurs been strategically resting guys for years and doing just fine in the western conference playoffs.

Durant basically rested more games than bron (not sure how much he missed, does it matter he was injured instead?) and GS didn't have problems with the west.

Last but not least who are all the western conference juggernauts Cleveland so lucky to avoid? A Durant less okc? The clippers (no better than east playoff teams and certainly mentally weaker)? Utah really (who on their team?) ? I feel pretty confident wizards or celtics would give spurs run for their money (simply not same spurs). I just don't see the power in west like it truely was several years ago, let's face facts, all the power with 2 teams and regardless of where they played all season, how they were placed in these playoffs, and any other theoretical nonsense it would have been exactly the same. Both teams running thru the rest on a collision course for the only series that mattered once Durant jumped ship last offseason..

I enjoyed reading you guys debate but in the end tell me you don't know all the above to be true?