Originally posted on 01/07/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
So why run the format as such for the qualifiers. Make them all last 5-6 hours if we really want to let the "real" poker come to the front. The faster structure is real poker, its just a different variation. Stars, party and all had faster/turbo blind limit structures and the same people seemed to continue to make money with the "bingo" game. Remember Boku (cant remember rest) guy made both his nothing to 100k runs playing primarily turbos. And you guys want to call the structure bingo but seem to forget the same people finish near the top of the standings every year so there is obviously something strategy wise to it (and daily play of course)

If we were playing a series of tourneys I could see doing it with a changed structure but to change formats this drastically for one tourney makes no sense. Its literally one tourney with a $5,000 prize, a few prizes approaching value of maybe a grand and then a drop down to a few hundred bucks tops with around 100 players. And then we got 50 Phil Iveys yelling that a longer structure will allow their " real" poker skill to outshine the "bingo" players.

I'll play it, not above anything of course I just think if were gonna play these as tournaments we should make something similar for the daily tournaments as well. Maybe 4-5 hour dailies and then the 6 plus hour final won't seem so extreme. This way the REAL poker can come out.
It took me 3 hours to read this post... game on...