Originally posted on 12/28/2016:

Grasping, thieving UK bookmakers. They never miss a trick do they? Inactive account fees, which seem to be the norm for most now, is just another sly way of removing funds from 'dormant' accounts to increase profits. Surely this is morally wrong and borderline legal.

I couldnt give a flying fook that its in their terms and conditions, whats more startling is that we all just put up with this shit and let them get away with it, not sure of other industries which are allowed to remove funds from accounts until it is zero-ed.

Even Betfair are at it now, although I notice they cant remove funds from dormant Aussie or NZ accounts (not sure the reason behind that). Could it be they wont put up with this crap?

Not had any issues personally, but my daughter told me today her Betfair account has steadily had funds removed over the last four months, she only had around 20 quid in there anyway, but working away she has not taken any interest in sports betting for over a year. After checking her emails today Betfair have told her each month, what the figure was reducing to, while still offering her free bets. She is miffed, not because of the small amount of money involved but that it seems perfectly acceptable for them to do that

Since when was Betfair exchange money theirs to do what they want with?

The main point to my rant is, that if something happens to you, through death or illness and your trusted family/friends cant access your account then all your money will eventually go to these greedy twats. Make sure you have a back up plan in case the unexpected should happen.