Originally posted on 11/11/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
Sleathy,
Here's the difference . It seems although we disagree on politics and path forward, I could sit and talk with you . You're engaging now , that was another downfall on Clinton and the left.
It's a my way thinking and you're wrong, end of story .
I tried talking to some if my liberal friends , they wouldn't even have any of my thinking , it's all wrong.
When you isolate a large group of people, not just white men , and don't even want to discuss how they see things or care what their opinions are, you're done.
That's what happened here.
Trump said this , he said that , hes against women, all immigrants . His followers are racist , sexist , etc
There was no discussion about it . The left isolated the majority of voters and paid dearly .
SLIPPER, YES. Many of those on the left claim a higher moral ground. It is wrong. If I was determined to change your mind or anyone's way of thinking, not engaging you in discussion will fail 100% of the time. Saying you're a bigot, sexist, laugh at your beliefs will not achieve my goals unless my goal is to make myself feel better about myself.

Rather than engaging the bulk of trump supporters who sought recovery from a deep recession, liberals, many of whom I know, whom I love, laughed at the whole voting bloc as a bunch of backwards racists. Let's say for the sake of argument, just argument's sake, all of trump supporters are racists. If I would like to have you come around that racism is harmful for our society, laughing at you would not help me achieve my goal. I would debate you, provide you information, studies to CONVINCE you that you are ultimately incorrect in your assumptions. But the left would have none of it. It is a high level of ARROGANCE from the left that contributed to this outcome.