Originally posted on 08/31/2016:

Kyle_Smile,

Unfortunately, this workbook does not use Pinnacles API in any way. It uses the free xml file with current odds that Pinnacle makes available to anyone. The API requires authentication which can be a bit tricky to get right. The API also uses JSON format rather than xml so it is a completely different process in parsing it.

If I were to create something that you suggest, I would start from scratch and work on getting the authentication working. Once you have that working, maybe is would be possible to use the Input sheet to select sports and leagues but I don't know enough about the structure of the API to provide a good answer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. That said, the API has a lot more potential than my existing workbook so for some who is serious about automating part of the process of gathering data, placing and checking bets, I think it is a good idea to have a look at Pinnacle's API.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Smile View Post
Hi thom321

I really like the work you’ve done and highly appreciate that you make it available to the public.
However for my need I would also require the game scores (to define if a bet has been won or lost). As far as I’ve seen Pinnacle is offering scores in the “Get Settled Fixtures” service (which kinda fits into the historic data request)

I’m going to look into this topic in the next few days, therefore I was wondering if you could give me a hint which sections need to be adapted.

Thanks in advance
Kyle Smile