Originally posted on 08/22/2016:

Trytrytry on my short list of SBR MVP's, but friend, you're way off on this one. I submit one of my favorite prop bet legends to help make my point...

Amarillo Slim challenged anyone at a country club that he could drive a golf ball for a distance of over a mile. Slim was willing to back up his boast with a large wad of money. Everyone laughed at this and figured that he was trying to trick them in the way that he worded the offer. One guy said, "What are you going to do Slim, take the golf ball in your car and drive it for over a mile".
Slim laughed at this suggestion and said he would put the regulation golf ball on a regulation tee and use a P.G.A. approved golf club to drive the ball over one mile. A crowd gathered and everyone was trying to figure out what Slim was up to. No one could. Slim said I'll put my money where my mouth is, how about you? Finally after a long silence the country club members ponied up thousands of dollars to bet against Slim and his seemingly absurd claim.
Slim said, "Let's do it" and waved to everyone to follow him. He got into his pickup and a procession of cars followed Slim for a few miles off the beaten track. Slim finally pulls into a deserted lot with all of the other cars in tow. As everyone gets out of their cars they begin to see the method of Slims' madness. There before him was a huge frozen lake as far as the eye could see. Slim calmly sets the ball on the tee and with one mighty swing the ball travels well into the next county skipping on the ice.
There was total silence as Slim collected his wager. Amarillo Slim Preston is a living legend and the winner of the World Series of Poker in 1972. His wit and wisdom is larger than life. Fictitious characters like Paul Bunyon look small in comparison

Do you think Slims opponents threw a tantrum and refused to pay when they realized they'd been tricked? Of course not because a gentleman pays his bets or risks losing action down the road. The spirit of prop betting is getting the best of your opponent. Always has been always will be. If booby had specified no gifts the prop falls apart and booby gets the best of DS. Turns out DS got it accepted without that specific rule so he got the best of Bobbi.