Originally posted on 07/26/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
I do see Jake using his wrestling and I'll tell you why..

1) We all saw how quick Matt Brown was taken down round after round, controlled on the ground and eventually sub'd out by Damian Maia (my boy) in his last fight loss.. I'm sure Jake watched the film..

2) Matt Browns strength is in his stand up and his weakness is in his wrestling.. That is common knowledge.. Jake just happens to be pretty good wrestler, with good jits and several sub wins on his record.. Jake Ellenbergers last win was against KOS and by submission.. He's got 6 ko's and 6 Sub wins on his record and is no stranger to the ground.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jake-Ellenberger-13068

3) Jake is 31 years old and Matt Brown is 35, Jake has the new camp now and it's now or never for him in the UFC.. I think he will take this fight to the ground and try and control Brown just like Maia did..

4) The blue print to beat Matt Brown is on the ground and not standing.. Thinking Jake understands this and we may just see the best Jake we've seen in a long time with the new camp, fresh start and new training..

Bottom line though Matt Brown standing could knock out Jake Ellenberger in this fight, I'm not saying that can't happen.. Gonna hedge it myself..
I think this is partially true. I actually believe Ellenberger has found a home at kings MMA. Matt brown can be get taken down and controlled, so ellenberger can win a dec then? Not so fast. Have you seen the fight with a roided up hendricks, we can say that know, he was. Matt Brown scramble back very fast with hendricks first two takedowns in round 1 and he also get up quite fast after the third. But if hes able to just go for takedowns repeatedly, lets say 4 or 5 in a row, you can kind of brake matt browns spirit a little.

But Matt brown just lost do demian maia, which is very very good when it comes to taking people down. And also, Matt brown has now been controlled and experienced the hendrick loss, which means that fight its a part of his experience. Its hard for elleneberger to employ hendricks gameplan and actually win. Its a bit like barboza..he lost two times getting pressured, then when ferguson empolyed the same gameplan for the third time and we saw it wasnt as easy as to pressure barboza. Barboza understood that he had a weakness and then developed. However, I think Ellenberger is more likely to get a dec win than a TKO victory. Lets face it, very few people can stop matt brown on the feet.

10 min into this podcast Brown addresses many of those concerns matt brown backers have related to this matchup, ellenbergers potential wrestling based gameplan, last fight desperation tactics etc. http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/matt-b...-over-woodley/