Originally posted on 07/20/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
I've know Arlo Guthrie for as long as I can remember, see him multiple times a year. His sister Anne was our neighbor until she died a few years back.
I need you to ask Arlo a question for me that's been bugging me for 20 years. Why did he steal all my lightbulbs?

About 20 years ago, I used to manage a large music venue in Austin TX. and Arlo played there one night. The afternoon before he arrived, I had a staff member change out all the lightbulbs in the Green Room, several table lamps and overhead fixtures. I later had the room setup with all the riders from his contract and checked out the room out, all lights working. I met and spoke with him at length before and after the show, he was a very nice and personable guy. It was a great show, Arlo and crew hung out in the Green room a while after the show. The staff had all left, just Arlo and company and myself, I was in the office finishing up the paperwork. Arlo came to the office and said they were ready to leave, so I walk them out, shook his hand and thanked him for a great show.

About 15 minutes, I finish up my work and decide to check the Green room before I leave to see if it needed to be picked up a little. I try to turn on the lightswitch, no lights, I walk over to a lamp and again no lights, I try a couple more lamps, again no light. I check the breakers, breakers are fine. I go get a flashlight and investigate, every single lightbulb is missing from the Green room. I stood there shaking my head, did Arlo Guthrie just steal all my lightbulbs, why did Arlo Guthrie steal all my lightbulbs? It was very odd. I had a whole case of the damn things, if he woulda asked, I would have given however many he wanted, no biggie.

Next time you see him, you gotta ask, it's been bugging me for two decades. I just wanna know why!