Originally posted on 06/13/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Question I have - why was this guy that was on the FBI watch list allowed legally to buy an automatic assault rifle? This makes NO SENSE to me..

Some gun laws need to be tweaked.. If you are or were on the FBI watch list for a potential terrorist threat you SHOULD NOT be able to buy an assault rifle legally period ever.. That's a no brainer!!!
I agree with your point but do you seriously think that guy couldn't have acquired a gun off of one of his homies or the black market, even if he was banned from getting one himself? Within a couple hours right now I could acquire a plethora of things that are "illegal" where I live from people I know. Just make a couple of calls. You got the money you get the goods.

I'm very pro right to bear arms and I see no problem with more thorough background checks and more restrictions on who can own guns and which types, but simple legislation isn't going to do much of anything. There are a plethora of convicted felons and people underage that have guns right now in America. How did they get them if they are supposedly not allowed to have them according to the laws? Prohibition doesn't change much. There were bootleggers back in the early 20th century. There are still drug dealers today dishing out illicit products. It's illegal to bet on sports outside of Vegas in America yet everyone on this forum and millions more not on this forum do all the time. Why would any type of gun prohibition be any different?