Originally posted on 05/13/2016:

Customer Service Reps

My God! I was about to pull out my last 3 strands of hair from my head talking to Comcast. I turn on my MLB Extra Innings package, and it is saying I am not subscribed. I call them up and get a representative named "Jim". I precede to tell him the problem, and that my last bill shows I paid for the package. He apologizes for my problem for the first of about 15 times. After having me hold 3 times while he tries to find the problem, he finally tells me that the plan is 4 payments of $42.75. I told him I took advantage of a special offer made to me last month for $69 for the whole season. I get to hold again.

He then comes back to tell me that maybe it is just off until another payment is made. Again, I tell him I paid $69 for a whole season of baseball. He then tells me he's sorry. He thought I was talking about the MLB Extra Innings package, not beisbol. He tries to get me to hold again, but I tell him MLB EI is baseball! Again he is sorry and apologizes. Finally after 22 minutes, I tell him that I would like to request an "English first" representative. I tell him no hard feeling, but you don't understand anything I'm talking about.

I wait 2 minutes, and I am now on line with a tech named Wade. I describe the problem. He starts troubleshooting. After 20 more minutes, he finds out that I was transferred to him in error. I should be talking to billing because for some reason they have my MLB service shut off. I get another apology. He asks me if I remember who I talked to before. I said, "Yes", but do not want him. I want an English first rep. Apologies again.

Two more minutes, and I'm on the phone with Alex. Speaks great English. He sees I paid for the special promotion last month, and says my service should be back up in 20-30 minutes. It is back up in 2 minutes. The whole time it took Alex to fix the problem was just under 5 minutes. What a way to spend a Friday night!