Originally posted on 04/10/2016:

If the Wilpons or Alderson listened to the Met fan base this team would be in the shitter. We wouldn't have the pitching, we would have probably signed Reyes to a stupid contract, wouldn't have traded Dickey... Signed Duda to a long term contract last spring, the only thing they really did to probably appease their fan base is to resign Wright which in hindsight was probably not a good idea, and they probably knew it at the time. Nobody has pissed off Met fans more in the last 5 years than the Coupons... we were told to trust Alderson and we told them to suk a dik and do something, FOR YEARS, and 'lo and behold while wasting an awesome staff for the first half of last year, with scrubs like Gomez & Todd F'ing Frazier floating around for the taking, guys that couldn't hit at Citi, Met fans were pissing themselves over acquiring one of these non-difference making pieces. Instead, they got Cespedes. They got Kung Fu Panda Light, Kelly Johnson, Clippard, Blevins (losing him was huge, as they had no other loogy)... every move they made last year was great except for O'Flarerety and the Met fans weren't clamoring for ANY of those players, I assure you. They went totally off the radar and absolutely made the right calls, again and again. Anderson earned his Exec of the year. It was an unreal second half for Met fans, each game was a blast, great offense, great pitching, I haven't missed a game in 25 years and I don't remember going back and listening to radio calls more than I did last year as well as tv calls over and over again. You talk about some of the guys the Mets missed out on, look at their numbers... what did they really miss out on? Guys that can impact a game like Cespedes aren't readily available, and you gotta make a move to capitalize on the staff. You're hoping a guy like Ces can make those around him better and lengthen the lineup from top to bottom, there are a lot more intangibles to having a guy like that in your lineup than just his 16 AB sample.

As a Met fan, I think I speak for most Met fans when I say we all see this window of opportunity with an absolute beast of a pitching staff, and we're afraid of fuking it up and not getting a ring out of it. The cheap fuk owners will hopefully hang onto all the pitching they can but they're not going to have these guys forever... we went through a lot of misery and a lot of 'have patience' speeches to get to this point, we want it all to have been worth it.

This deal favors the Mets, I'm sure their fingers are crossed he plays out of his mind this year and gets his 5 year deal next year somewhere in the AL.

Prediction on Cespedes: Weather warms up (he did well in Florida) and he gets it together, he feasts on bad pitching and there is plenty of that to go around in the NL East.