Originally posted on 03/25/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by pinnerpsk View Post
Earlier today I got an email from Coinbase asking if I was using their services for gambling purposes. (Of course I am). I replied back and told them I trade bitcoin and will often send and receive bitcoins as part of my job doing web design contracts.

Received this message back:

-Can you clarify what website/service your recent bitcoin transaction was sent to?
-Please provide documentation to help support your statement. We accept documentation in “.pdf”, “.png”, or “.jpg” formatting.
-Thank you for your assistance with our due diligence review process.

I probably sent and received 10 transactions that ultimately totaled 3-5BC. Also I wasn't using an intermediary at the time. I was just sending BC straight from Coinbase to the book. Any suggestions here?

I'd reply that you choose bitcoin partly due to the privacy aspect and you are not about to compromise yours or your business partners privacy by handing over information about anyone.

They will probably close your account anyway but you don't have a lot of options left at this stage and it might be worth a try. They could be bluffing to get you to admit/confirm it still.