Originally posted on 03/07/2016:

I've been a political junkie for decades now. So much drama is involved with trying to be elected, one party trying to get over on the other, and all the childish antics used by both sides to sway voters who just live for sound bites.

I was just chilling at the house yesterday, watching a spring training baseball game, just enjoying the peace and serenity of the day. During a commercial I switched over to one of the news networks, and saw the normal bickering and name calling you see from almost all of them.

I just don't understand why these guys are programmed the way they are. Why are powerful positions so important to these people? Are these people that seduced by being in control? You have two candidates that are 69, and one that is 74. They probably have less than 2 decades left on this Earth. They aren't going to live too long after their terms to see what they improved or screwed up. Yet, we will be forced to live with it.

I know I'm just rambling on, but this for some reason began to bother me. Do these people feel like they are filling a personal void by controlling the general population? Are they so consumed with attempting to steer our destinies as Americans that they can't stay to themselves and do their own thing? Gosh, I wish we had term limits across the board.