Originally posted on 02/06/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
taxes should be 10% to 15% max and the tax form should be the size of a postcard. You make X amount you multiply it by the flat tax and you are done. Simple. Less cheating will happen.

The only reason the tax code is tens of thousands of pages long is because politicians have been bribed to make it that way and to have more control over the people. A flat tax would add more money in people's pockets and more power to the people. Sadly, some people will defend these scumbags and even support more taxes because they are stupid. No other way to say it. Even when there's overwhelming evidence (19 trillion debt) of incompetence and lies, stupid people will still claim more taxes is the answer. Spending is the problem. Wasteful spending. Those who don't understand will never understand.
Do you do US taxes on the side? I paid 4% last year. A flat tax of 10% means I pay over double what I did.

Some companies pay zero taxes. Making them pay 10% would shut them down.

Deficits don't matter according to our war monger ex vice pres. Now look. Thanks Bush.

What's really hurting the middle class is paying for healthcare out of our own pockets with no raise in pay to
compensate. Thanks Bush.

Our seniors didn't have to pay for medicare, now it only covers 80%. The other 20% comes out of their pockets
or they have to buy supplemental insurance. Thanks Bush.

Thank you Bush for tax cuts that won't pay for two 10 year wars.

And then another Bush wants to become president? We should tie him to a stake and burn him and his whole family publicly!