Originally posted on 01/22/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
Thats why I said maybe they had to leave earlier than expected because of hearing something or people closing in, I mean somebody had to hear the shotgun blast and probably yelling on top of it. Everybody knew he won the lottery so knowing where he lived was easy to find out. They probably watched him, knew there was just a female and kids, but they probably also did get some money, I dont see in the story where it says they didnt.
I realize not everyone thinks logically but still, they do all this knowing that he may not have anything on him? All I am saying is unless they somehow knew before hand that this guy would have a large amount of that money inside the home why would you go through spending life in prison for what he has in his wallet? Most people with half a brain would figure all of that money is in a bank some where and even getting his bank card does no good because you can't withdraw enough money to make it worth it without kidnapping him. Unless they were told he was holding a big chunk of it in the house which in that case they would need someone on the inside for that information. And if not, why shoot the guy? They were wearing masks, no one can identify them so why shoot him unless he could identify their voices? Like I said before this was a hit, they went there to make sure he was dead.