Originally posted on 01/14/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
^^^Reply answer to solving or reducing continues gun violence... I gotta question some of the replies with all due respect.. Keep in mind I personally like and enjoy owning my gun and keep an open mind to gun ownership.. Not a tree hugging liberal either..

1) Wild wild west theory of making it legal to arm up - If everyone arms up legally in public that automatically gives the bad guys the green light to arm up also.. As it stands now the thugs do have to worry about being pulled over or caught carrying a loaded fire arm and facing criminal charges.. That's a felony offense and usually prison time in most states.. You even up the battle field carrying firearms but you also increase the enemies capabilities also in other words.. It's just a bad idea to let everyone pack a loaded firearm in public legally.. BAD IDEA!!! People just aren't that responsible...
You're sensationalizing. Almost no chance this scenario happens here, even though it pretty much does happen in Switzerland, and there's almost no crime there (you don't say!). Thugs are stupid and don't register their guns, making it a liability to conceal and carry out in public. You have to pass a background check to register them anyway, and thugs can't.

3) Turning in guns for money programs in every State would take many guns off the streets.. Get stricter with gun laws, sales and screen checks will help.. Push for increase pricing for gun sales.. You need to make it harder and more expensive for the criminals to get and buy guns.. I think this would help...
There are already programs for this, and there's no direct correlation between these programs and lowering violent crime. Be realistic here. Put yourself in the mind of a thug. You can't just get rid of your gun -- you're a thug, and you live in a thug world. You'd give up all of your power. If you want to make money this way, you'll just go try and steal somebody else's gun.

4) Lastly increase the punishment for being caught in a crime while wielding a loaded gun. Automatic speedy death sentence would be awesome but I know that's not realistic.. Trust me criminals would not use guns in a crime if that strict death penalty law as in place.
Maybe not realistic, but I'm with you here. The death penalty should be used 50X more than it already is. There's already too many people in this world. The bottom 5% that detract from society can all die.

Thats the thing though Jibbby, you need DETERRENTS like this to prevent crime from happening. Proper conceal-and-carry does just that. Thugs are lazy and cowardly, and want low-hanging fruit. The possibility of death and/or a citizen shooting back is one hell of a deterrent, and has been shown to prevent crime tremendously.