Originally posted on 11/12/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
Great mindset there...you're sharp. I'm 27 and things have definitely changed over the last year or so...new job with a big company that I relocated to another part of the country for. Left everything I've ever known behind in NJ...but it's been the best decision I've ever made.

So...you're right. That was me six years ago...it definitely will change. And that's not a bad thing.
Yeah I mean I'm definitely not the kind of person who will feel like something's wrong with my life if I'm not like everyone my age. Most guys my age are obsessed with sex, drugs, drinking, whatever. Feeling insecure is normal when you're 14 or whatever. Not when you're past 20. At least that's how I see it.

I just let things come to me naturally and do what makes me happy. The only thing that should prevent someone from doing what makes them happy should be money, if other things are preventing someone from enjoying themselves they aren't living right. If someday my mindset changes and I feel like I'd like to be in a relationship and don't feel like I'll get frustrated with the day to day attention I need to devote to it, I'll get out there. Trying to "force" myself now just to feel like a normal 21-year old would be doing myself and whoever girl I meet a disservice.

I don't have zero social life either but I have a quiet social life. I'd rather have 10-15 very good friends than 1000 acquaintances. I'd rather go to 5 parties a year and actually enjoy myself than go to one every night just for the sake of going to one. I like things the way there are.