Originally posted on 08/30/2015:

I show up at the Mirage with one under, who not only was kind enough to drive to Excalibur to pick me up, but then offered to stake me in the Deep Stack.
Just a solid guy on all levels.
I make absolutely no headway for the 1st hour. But manage to have my Jacks hold up for a change & i bluffed a pot with 8 bets in it after the flop & find myself at the final table.
So I limped in on the button with 94 off suit, under the gun has called, seat 6 has called and the small blind has also called. The flop comes 239 rainbow. First position moves all in, the small blind & seat 6 fold. Now this is where I should explain to you that position 1 is a maniac. 4 times so far, he has string raised, he is constantly asking "how much can I bet?", typical rookie moves. He made no secret that it has been a while since he has played hold'em. Before we had reached this point, the final table, he was at my previous table. So I knew I was dealing with an inexperienced player. I know if he had a pocket pair or a AK, ace queen type hand, he would have raised preflop which he didn't. All sorts of thoughts went through my mind, I just knew I couldn't fold because I knew I was ahead. I am chip leader at the final table with top pair and i have isolated myself in a hand with the only person I don't want to get involved with....this maniac in first position, he's dangerous.
Also, he is the second chip lead.
He rolls over Queen deuce. The table was shocked. I looked like a fukkin pro. Felt like one too. The dealer brought the turn and it was a brick, the Jack of Clubs I believe. I stand up out of my chair, I point to the river and I tell the dealer do not do it, and he brings the 2. The table erupted. I walk by the dealer and I can tell that this kid did not know what was going on so I pat him on the shoulder and I say good hand. I walk back to my seat and I grabbed my heart and I told him that he broke my heart. Some players seemed like they didn't know if they were allowed to laugh at my joke.
So, i called for "security", to lighten the mood. Then for the next half hour I played incredible poker again, while hitting cards. I'm almost back to where I want to be when im dealt a-ks. Its folded all the way around and it's the player to the right of me, who calls. I raise the minimum and he calls. The flop comes jK5. He moves all in, I snap call. He rolls over A10 off. The turn was a 3 & I stand up one more time, and say to the dealer don't you dare bring that Queen. He rolls over a lady on the river and jay busts out of the tournament in 5th place.

I spent a lot of money today.
Over $100 at Ross & I tipped out $20-$25 in the poker room & at the buffet.
Pizza Hut was $16 but the Jays over stopped the bleeding.
The bankroll sits at $660 with two days to go.