Originally posted on 08/27/2015:

Just in case we have some rookies here, this is how the shill works.....

1) Somebody sends out a polite text asking if anyone knows of a good handicapper. (A big red flag is when the original poster has just joined SBR that week, or day, and has no previous posts.)

2) The regular jackals immediately chime in...."they all suck", "fade JJ", "Brock Landers", "fade Lang", "follow me", etc

3) OP kindly asks everyone to be serious. He desperately needs to find a legit winner and is willing to pay for it. Asks about some services that everyone knows has been around a while (ie, RAS, Northcoast, Doc's).

4) The regular magpies respond with "they blow", "you're a sucker to pay anyone", "cap your own games or go home", "Stu Feiner", "fade LakerBoy".

5) OP is still being polite when he declares he's done some research and has found out there are some good services out there but many of them are simply too expensive. If only there was another way.......hmmmm.

6) Some lesser known poster (probably under 50 posts) chimes in about some service (CutRateSports.com, BrandNewSportsAdvisors, NewlyRenamedSports, etc) that he used last year and they went 52-13, were very honest, and has reasonable season-long prices.

7) Some posters are dumb enough to think this ruse might actually be true so they go to the aforementioned website and think that it looks legit (even though the team of cappers are guys with great names like Joey Lines, Nicky Champagne, Johnny Vegas) and indeed the posted record does show that they are RED HOT and have been killing football for the past few seasons, so they think about joining up.

8) Some poster (like me) spells out Loud and Clear that they're walking into a 3-card monty scam and advises them to run.

9) OP loses all his politeness and tells me that I'm way off base and also that I'm a flaming asshol and probably a broke dik fk and I wouldn't know a good deal if I saw it.

10) Some other veteran poster weighs in and tells the OP "Never heard of ya, pal". OP slinks off into the darkness and we never hear from him again.

11) A few days later, some other new poster asks "Anyone Know Any Good Services?". Repeat cycle.