Originally posted on 08/16/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
the best thing kvb said in this thread is that the bible is a work of literature... thats true.. its a book... a completely fictional book, not meant to be taken literally... unfortunately, christians are threatened , with god and heaven, to take it literally... when will the brainwashing end?

the worst thing he said is that im not making valid points... he is a typical religious person who is in complete denial of facts and the obvious... believing what you are told, without a shred of evidence, in the past or in todays everyday life, is not only a disorder, its dangerous... too many people stuck inside a religious box... no questions being asked, accepting pain and turmoil as if it was brought upon them, SPECIFICALLY, to test them.... all the people in the world and the god fearing think they are being singled out by a higher power for something .. shit is too damn funny... throw coincidence and randomness totally out of the window only makes you look foolish.

being threatened, not to ask questions, is a way to keep the sheep in order... this will never change
He's saying there are a few verses that could make one see something contradictory with no understanding... But you haven't address any of them. Main thing I see from you ray, is the question... If God were real, why let so much pain occur, rape, killings, aids and ext. ..and every person is different every situation is different with God own intended purpose. I take Gods word fundamentally and literal ... By the way everything I've discussed here, I did not learn at a bible college or some school... My own independent research in to the word, with serious dedication and prayer... God gave understanding where I had none, but I appreciate KVB correction if I'm wrong on something and also appreciate him saying I wear my armor well, I don't claim to know it all ..

but pain will be a part of the world raydog, as long as we turn our back on God and continue to sin .. Pains not going anywhere..