Originally posted on 05/13/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
trip....come on man. You're really not being fair here. We've talked about this time & time again. Honestly, I give the guy a lot of credit for showing up if all these issues occurred online (it was way before my time) and he still had the balls to face people. PO 69 didn't show (for obvious reasons). Donker claims Sbr was at capacity & couldn't be accommodated (though I didn't count people there, I didn't think there were 50 sbr members - I could be wrong). It's just laughable the donker & vegas and others make statements about the bash and they were thousands of miles away at the time! I probably spoke to 4-5 people the whole weekend. Am I a social retard? I spoke w BW at the poker tables and a few other times, seemed very nice, quiet but a nice guy. Can't we give the name calling a rest????

To add a couple things as an after thought: I didn't read the disclaimer from SBR that stated we needed to talk to a certain number of members to qualify for the free nites at The Hard Rock. If he chose to use the trip as a alone vacation, more power to him. With regard to the social....I know it took me & at least 3 others over an hour to even figure out where it was as it was moved to a different location (I think) & not very well publicized. We almost got our asses kicked by some convention who thought we were trying to eat their food in the ball room area!!!
philly, I'm being about as fair as possible here. I've called out PO, donker and others for making fun of his behavior at bash while not going themselves. But when they make statements that are confirmed by everyone who was there and by bobbo himself, what does going to the bash have to do with it at that point?

There's a reason I'm not mocking you or anyone else who didn't talk to a bunch of people; as I mentioned above, the primary reason bobbo catches grief for it is because he played a keyboard warrior both before and after he went to bash. If you jabber on about kicking peoples' asses and chime in all the time here, it's going to be seen as a hilarious contradiction if you have a chance to make good on it and instead choose to sit in the corner. Similarly, of course there's no requirement from SBR to socialize, but it is kinda the point of the bash...and for a guy claims to be "retired" and tries desperately to mock people for being "broke dicks" because they cash out points and he doesn't, when it becomes obvious he went mainly because he needed someone else to pay for it, the contradiction is hilarious.

If donker, po or any of his vocal detractors did the same thing you'd see the same response from me and many others. Nobody's making fun of bobbo because he was shy or not swimming in dough; as I said, he catches grief because he's timid and a bit cash-strapped in real life, in stark contradiction to the person he pretends to be the rest of the year.

I didn't see anything about it being moved, just guessed/asked around. Same thing almost happened to us with a wedding party though, they were eyeballing us pretty hard before we figured out where it was