itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Say All of you Liberal Minority Lovers. What Do You Think About Ferguson Now? : Nomi

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Itchy, That's why we need the best schools, and more opportunity in the poorest areas. I'm not one for hand outs. But you got to give people a chance to prove themselves. Stats show the better the conditions for kids growing up. The better person they will be. Black, white or what ever.

Put a kid in crappy schools, bad area's, little opportunity. 9 times out of 10 they fail. Then we have more shit like this happening.

The world will have its assholes for sure. Why do we need to create more? To benefit a few. The system is set up for greed, & propaganda keeps it going. Watch the vids if you have time, they explain a lot more than i could. Tc My friend.
    I'm with you on schools. Big proponent of state and local regions having more leeway with them than the federal mandates though...and for my main rant- please stop the insane salaries of administrators (not teachers) who oversee failing schools and call for the shiny new buildings and other things while neglecting the actual classroom needs.

Watched the first video from Moyers' show...I'm personally against the mandatory minimums but on the federal cases taking plea deals vs trial...once you've got a federal charge thats a whole other beast than getting caught going to the club with a dime bag for later. Circles back to personal decisions. Ban the box legislation....its tricky because it asked convictions for felony not simply arrests or pleas....big difference...and I have to say, its a workplace issue especially in office settings. Setting aside the point again...you know the risk when you commit whatever felony you have on your record which impacts you later to compete for better employment...but employers have a right to know who they are entrusting with equipment and access to money as well as its sort of a safety thing if you knowingly bring in a known violent person and give them a cubicle next to someone and they end up repeating that crime on the coworker....lots of liability issues there. Our legal system is fukked I will admit that...and it doesn't help with the broad brush legislations and mandatory punishments that while they may have good intent and are built out of headlines....they backfire once applied. Domestic abuse laws for one....nothing more low than a man hitting a woman, no argument there, but the way laws are written make it so easy to pin a domestic on someone even if there was no actual attack...so while you have people on one side of their mouths calling for protecting women at all costs....you end up screwing others over for life with a charge that hurts employment as well as licensing careers and gun ownership etc....also the punitive nature goes against the same argument made by the people who call for less incarceration and labeling. The cops on the ground need leeway....we all know they get mad going to the same house for a woman getting her ass beat and then protecting the boyfriend or dropping charges...so sounds good when a law is passed saying they can arrest just on suspicion and don't need the victims consent...well then that is a new mandate and you have to be taken in regardless...thus people get railroaded but its 'the law'.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-09-15 at 05:11 PM. Reason: link does not work