Originally posted on 03/07/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
I see you like to have selective answers.... and until you can prove evolution as it's stated by the scientific community ... No ones buying it... As I've shown in the link I posted... As I said I'm not a scientist, but any three year old can get the basic concept of ape to man as explained in the museums ... It's bogus, it's untestable nonsense, and anyone can find some pigs teeth or ape fossil, and call it anything they want, it's bones ...

So if this was some " large change " what's next tripper, do we turn into flying dragons or back to rocks before apes ?
Selective answers? Did I miss a question or something? Quite possible, doing quite a few things at once and entirely possible I missed some point you were trying to make...please remind me!

Evolution, as stated by the scientific community (I assume you mean the theory which is accepted by pretty much everyone?), is proven...science as a whole doesn't make claims that are not proven. You and I aren't geneticists, but we can read the countless studies done and conclude that it's either a) a giant conspiracy involving all of mankind to make this stuff up as well as supporting studies from other related fields, or b) it's just reality. The latter is certainly more reasonable, even if it does contradict a couple of books some people wrote thousands of years ago. The vast majority of the world "buys it".

This "ape to man, rock to human" stuff demonstrates your lack of understanding of basic concepts of evolution. Again, if your knowledge is this limited, you're simply not in any position to evaluate it with any credibility.

If the environment called for it and enough time was given (a lot of generations I imagine), life could possibly evolve into any sort of other life. The variables involved are detailed beyond any easy understanding for complex lifeforms, but this stuff has been proven using simple lifeforms in which we have a better chance of controlling the major variables and knowing the relevant mechanisms. Again, things that zou linked a while ago, that you haven't read yet...

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
I am proof, and a science book can not explain anything supernatural bud, just the way it is. If you want to believe mans science, over ALL MY LIFES EXPERIENCE, you would be naive to do so. My life is not readily explained in some book, biggest load of crap I've heard so far. I'm not denying that things can be perceived differently, but to say these evil and good elements don't exist, is like saying hot and cold doesn't exist. Believe what you want bud,

Yes, some times we can get so smart that we become stubborn, constantly trying the same things over and over, even though they don't work. You say your science works with macro evolution, that's a farce, you say the Big Bang works ... Now that's A PROVEN FARCE, you would say the earth was flat a few hundred years ago, all farces .. but yet you guys keep going to the same source for a truth that's constantly changing, some time I question the functionality of some of you. Some times we can be so smart and confident that we're delusional, not excepting the facts at hand, and to say it's all readily explained is bogus... Next your going to tell me the sun is going to burn out soon... Save it tripper, the bible correlates with history, the linage is real, the Jews are real, Jesus is real, the love in His words are real, the wisdom provided is all real, the Holy Spirit is real, and you can't prove the resurrection out of the rich mans tomb didn't happen. Do you think the apostles were just seeing things, Paul's vision, or Peter walking on water... These were real people, and there's more evidence of that, then ANYTHING your macro evolution or Big Bang book can offer.

science is dangerous in the wrong hands, and it should be placed in the correct place with morally sound people who believe in Christ. Stem cells, cloning, transhumanism, genetically modified living " organisms ", the whole lot needs to stop, man is nuts, and in a very unhealthy and unnatural state. This science " will doom " us budd, just something to think about...
Declaring yourself proof is not how proof works in any logical use of the word. Science is basically the objective study of the human races experiences; against that, your highly subjective experience is nothing. Although I understand it holds considerably more value to you than it might to the rest of us, that does not make it reality.

I said nothing about the big bang...but yes, evolution has been proven. Calling it a farce when you haven't read enough of it to understand the basic principles is a farce

If there was proof the world was flat, I guess I might have said that? Doesn't seem to have been a whole lot of that, but moot point: what I'm telling you now is backed up by overwhelming evidence, and you're free to argue it once you've educated yourself on it.

Interesting point you bring up about smart people being "delusional" sometimes...kinda sounds like that thing I was talking about how people's brains do not always function correctly, doesn't it?

Yes, the bible has parts that line up with what other evidence indicates happened; as a fictionalized version of history, one would expect it to. Harry Potter contains many references to things that actually exist in the real world; in 2000 years, should parents send their children to Hogwarts?

Lineage might be real? Jews are certainly real, not sure that anyone ever denied it...Jesus was probably a real person, or at least a well-put-together composite that might as well be. There are indeed some wise words in the bible, but nothing that can't be found in non-abrahamic religions. These principles probably tended to be discovered independently because of game theory, but we're definitely not ready for that discussion until you can get a grasp on evolution. All this stuff is correct, and might even be useful in introducing people to basic concepts in a non-scientific, easier-to-digest way.

Where you go astray is assuming the supernatural elements of the bible are also true. Again, Harry Potter uses real landmarks; does that mean everything in the books is true? If you disagree, why is that? Because it wasn't written as long ago?

No, I lack the resources to prove some guy didn't come back to life 2,000 years ago....I simply have to assume it's incredibly more likely to be made up/exaggerated, considering we have no way of reproducing this feat in a much more advanced society, but we could easily stage the same circumstances so it would appear to be a resurrection to the uninformed. When the preponderance of evidence is so clearly on one side and the other side only has "some much less knowledgeable dudes thought it happened and wrote it down", it makes no sense to believe the one dubious source. Evolution has plenty of evidence, which we've established you're not interested in looking at

Science dangerous in the wrong hands? Yeah, I suppose...who should be allowed to do what is certainly a philosophical debate, but putting it in the hands of people who don't believe in science seems a bit silly. Of the things you seem to be concerned about, I agree that concern is appropriate; shouting "down with science, up with pseduoscience and god!" isn't a good answer though.