Originally posted on 02/25/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
I was a lot like you years ago. I would always ask why God would allow this, or that etc. Only major difference is i would never openly challenge God even though i didn't believe.
Sorry to here about your friend. Best i can tell you is God never offered cookies, milk, warm low humidity sunshine filled days etc. Instead we have Sunshine, rain, good, bad, hungry, fulfilled, dying, birth, disease, cure, happy, sad etc. etc. God did not give us a contract saying if you accept me, i'll give you a life full of ease.
God clearly will use anybody, for his will and his will only. I (just like you) am here to fulfill Gods will whatever it may be. Also, just because an innocent family is murdered doesn't mean it is of Gods will, God is clear as good exist in this world so does Satan and his influences.
the difference in you and me is that i dont ask god/a god these questions and i dont live my life for anyone other than myself (and family/friends whatever, you get my drift) ... i dont do or not do anything with the thoughts of god in my head... ill never worry if im being judged

i only pose these questions in the thread to keep it going and i keep trying to come up with something new to discuss...although i dont believe, it is still interesting to me...interesting to see others views and what is going on in their minds... this thread has actually pushed me further and further away from ever giving the god theory any real thoughts... ive learned a bit and feel confident in my stance...there is too much illogical bullshit in the bible for me to believe much of it at all... i dont believe, therefor i dont actually sit around wondering why this or why that... i ask , in the thread, because i know there will be no answer and its comical to see believers squirm around trying to find scripture or some logical biblical reasoning, when there is none.

the bible is a fictional book that attempts to teach better morals... it really should be viewed as just that... supposedly, during the time the bible was written, god didnt have any problem proving his powers to others.. impossible feats being performed for all to see and fear... but since the bible, nothing..nada.. nothing impossible occurring and no biblical worthy miracles ... why? its very obvious why