Originally posted on 01/15/2015:

you guyz do realize the futility of posting/reading in this forum, right?..those of us smart enough to read between the lines know that all the really sharp cash-register quality observations are being shared "semi-privately" among the elite...who from time to time drop in to mercifully (but not too politely) remind us just how amusing our attempts to profit from MMA-betting really are to them...

peons like us forced to navigate outside of this enlightened circle..should just learn that "this is how it works"...
you guyz have been told repeatedly by the intelligentsia just how hopeless is this game for your sub-genius brain-pans..i used to feel it was patronizing and cruel...now i realize that it's actually a form of noblesse oblige

in other words: stop trying to think and especially write about mma-betting...leave it to that inner circle of intelligentsia who want you to know (or is that think?) that they're laughing all the way to the bank every event by dint of their "off the record" collaborations...while the rest of us unblessed and unconnected don't have a chance...and don't even know that we don't have a chance

what to do now: i suggest you (and me, and the rest of us unplugged-in hopeless dolts) start by googling "hobby"...better to flush out the hopeless with the diverting, rather than try to go cold turkey...

since this fight is on the table and "team inside-track" have offered no pearls of betting wisdom...if you wanna make one last bet...i suggest it be with a coin or a dart...and if it wins, use it to buy something to support your new hobby (eg a bowling ball or a jigsaw puzzle)...if it loses, know that giving up now will save us much more of the same down the road...

wake up fellow non-elites, the road to happiness is to leave the serious discussion to those who promise to carry it on...elsewhere, among themselves...

me--i like wilder, cuz i'm working on this theory that the guy with that "hyphen" thingy in front of the number tends to win more often (and increasingly so, the larger that number gets)...was starting to think i understood how this relates to the probability and statistics i've studied and taught for years...

but now that i know i'll never be privy to the big-boy discussions of this forum--and that nothing of any value exists on any other forum...well, i'll take this last splash for fun...and hope to win enough to buy that checkers set i'd been putting off buying for too long...and, win or lose, a new speedo swimsuit...gotta have at least one (hopefully two...come'on "hyphen guy") consolation prize to compensate for leaving THIS hobby (that i thankfully now realize IS hopeless)

damn genetics making this whole thing pointless for me (and the bulk of this board)...wish i could at least read the mysterious deliberations of the wise ones...you know--like a homeless guy looking in a restaurant window--but since it "just doesn't work that way"...cold turkey withdrawal is the way it'll have to be

to help during the hard times...put up signs everywhere you'll see them, especially on the bathroom mirror: "You're just not smart enough...if you were, you'd be in with the in-crowd by now!...devote yourself to things you actually have the capacity to understand..."...you get the idea...not exactly positive affirmations...better to think of it as practical expressions of "tough love"

don't mind me...just some facetious fukkin' around at the keyboard...aimed obviously at the self-serving twat-ism that's been injected around here in several threads...such feigned arrogance can only be driven by profound self-doubt...

i wish this sub-forum wasn't going into the shitter, hand-carried by insulting ponces...but it is