Originally posted on 10/04/2014:

2 cents from a Giants fan:

Giants have dismantled their last two opponents, as well as outplayed Arizona before coughing up the game on special teams. Jon Beason is back vs. the Falcons, anybody who watches the Giants knows just how big of an impact Beason makes as a director from the MLB spot. The Giants defense was great last year, and this year they have only improved with the better play across the board especially from Prince & JPP . The offense is light years more efficient than last year. The O-line is playing great keeping Eli clean, PFF just put out an article about LT Will Beatty playing like the CPOTY. And it shows, Eli has tons more confidence this year. In the entire season last year, you couldn't find 2 games where he was on the money like he has been this year, new offense (and Jennings/Donnell) is doing wonders. Now Odell is coming back, which will be another weapon in the offense (long-term) as well as the Giants' first explosive punt returner in decades. Really liking the Giants this year especially if they have a convincing win this weekend.

Think the Falcons are in a real bad spot plugging in 2 OL on an already banged up line thus far this season, and losing one of their best defensive players in Willy Mo is a killer. Like I said Giants have outplayed their last 3 opponents and have dominated the last two. This game in NY, and the Falcons defense already being the pushover that it is, really like the Giants just to dominate them on the field and grind the clock with Jennings and the short passing game that has been terrific and safe for Eli.

Personally this is probably the most confident I've felt about betting on the Giants in about 2 years, hence why I felt compelled to post on here. This matchup with the injuries and personnel, just don't see the Falcons coming on the road and winning in this spot, think they'll bounce back get a win at home vs. the Bears next week. But at the end of the day, it is still the NFL so who knows. That being said:

Gians 31, Falcons 17