Originally posted on 08/10/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
I like the trade, sill be interesting to see how it goes down with the Bulls/Cavs. If George hadnt gone down, East would have been more interesting than its been in years. My memory's a lil faded on a hangover, anyone else looking primed in the east?
I think the East will be much better next year than people think. Wizards are coming up and did well in the playoffs, and the addition of Paul Pierce could be huge (especially in the playoffs) cause they're a young team that didn't have any real veteran presence last year. Wall and Beal should continue to improve, and Gortat is a solid center who should be able to recreate his play from last year.

Raptors and Nets proved they're both legit, the Nets took awhile to get it together, but they were without their best player (Lopez) most of the year and Deron Williams was....well......I guess I have no idea what his deal is I guess he just sucks now.

The Hornets have as much momentum as they ever have, and with the excitement of getting the Hornets back and the addition of Lance Stephenson, as well as Vonleh who could possibly contribute right away, they should be a much improved team next season. Their defense is seriously underrated, and I think Stephenson could emerge as more of an offensive weapon than he has been in the past. Also Big Al is an absolute beast which everyone always seems to overlook.

The Hawks had a decent year without Al Horford, they're not exactly contenders but they should be much more competitive with him healthy.

Knicks are solid and should at least be a playoff team next year. This season will really solidify whether or not Phil Jackson is really as amazing as everyone thinks he is.

Pistons are a few moves away from being legit, but the hiring of Van Gundy is a step in the right direction, they could also be a playoff team. Andre Drummond will be a monster in a less toxic environment, cause Joe Dumars was a straight up idiot.

Bucks and Sixers likely won't make the playoffs, but they both have some interesting young pieces and should be a lot of fun to watch. Noel and Embiid is going to be ridiculous and the combination of Jabari Parker and Giannis Antenawhatever (who will supposedly be running the point at times) should be a lot of fun to watch. Also Larry Sanders was injured all last season, and I think he'll be more motivated this season due to their young talent and potential.

Bottom line is the East still won't be as good as the West, but they're going to be much more fun to watch this year..I'm actually pretty excited to see the Sixers, Hornets, and Bucks play, which I haven't been able to say in a LONG time.