Originally posted on 08/01/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
Your statements have absolutely no credability. They are full of "what if's" and "maybe's". They show no understanding of Ohio State. You really overestimate Navy and underestimate Ohio State. You forget that Ohio State has a great coach.
The things is, considering your citation of "what ifs", that contingency is the only thing possible that may be used. You pounce on this notion, but isolate it as being oppositional to whomever you're debating with; this sentiment extends to any opinion, over- or underrated, about Ohio State. This is still a contingency. Everything is right now. Including the Buckeyes. That's why one has to discuss how these contingencies may be deconstructed intelligently.

I can appreciate that you supposedly know something about Ohio State. I don't doubt you, but you haven't really said anything yet. I actually have done my homework on that team, and that is why I'm focussing on this game. I don't wager a lot, because I like to pick games wherein there is some measure of equivocal value applied to the moneyline.

I'm not off to five-minute analysis about every other team in the country. You don't really think that I'm not, even the slightest, aware of Ohio State's personnel and ability from top to bottom? The only way that I bet on a contest is if I'm versed as such with both sides.

Coaches Larry Johnson and Ed Warriner are probably the very best combination of offensive and defensive line coaches in the nation. Chris Ash has done some damned-fine play-by-play adjustment with Brett Bielema pre-Arkansas. Coach Herman is more like Meyer's lackey than a full-fledged overseer. All-in-all, I've watched all of Ohio State's contests since '12. I can at least say that I have witnessed all of Ohio State's and Navy's games for the last two years, since 1) When is tO.S.U. not televised? 2) It pays to have CBS Sports Network to be able to see Navy play. Thereafter, my set-up is decent, being able to download the games that I need onto my P.C. to review.

I do know what I'm seeing here, I hear you. They're really damned good. They scoff at Navy's navy-ness, probably, as well. I'm not really sure your attempts to speak in common-knowledge about subjective consensus describing Ohio State's superlatives is doing anything different to my understanding of just how the Middies' coaching staff will scheme to win this game.

I'm not in their position, but I imagine that editorial factoid's of projected awesomeness about Ohio State will not factor into the game-plan for the Naval staff.

I'm sure that at least, at one time, you've criticized perhaps another about being too rigid in they're being a ranking whore, but what else are you holding behind your maxims of "probably not a Top-30 team," "#6 in the polls," "favorite to win the B1G," "considered to be top-5"?

I ask, because your criterion of substance, apparently, is lacking on your own end immediately after you begin to list such an important detail -- a detail that I'm NOT remembering.