Originally posted on 07/17/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
Considering all three individuals involved, this was a train wreck waiting to happen.
touche' waves..... funny comment, even if way, way off base..... I will say this for both tdb and chipup, I generally think they are very good people. Tdb is a first-class guy, pretty much haven proven himself to be stand-up and damn near beyond reproach. Having talked to him on the phone, you can tell he's the kind of guy that could pretty much get along with anybody. So, to me it speaks volumes about you that tdb has a dispute with you.... you must be a real d-bag!

I'm going to making every effort to find the time to attend the bash in the d.r., and am really looking forward to meeting the guys on this site that make it so enjoyable of a place to gamble and play some cards, bad beats and superusers notwithstanding. Even the sbr super user (biteme) and goldenboys (jake, shograu, sin) are very likable guys who I enjoy playing cards with, and it will be a blast getting to put names and faces to the id's. TDB is at the top of the list of the people I am genuinely looking forward to meeting and having some gambling fun with.

As for chi-pup, he's a fine individual that is currently under a helluva lot of stress, for reasons he has indicated to me and others on the site. I think no less of him for wanting to buy out our deal, and offered him that last night as a way to hopefully relieve some of the angst and stress he's experiencing, as I could tell he was bothered by the implementation of the clear terms of our deal. If it's not fun for both of us, why do it? I think no less of him, and in fact, after getting to know him better as we talked about the deal on the front end, my respect for him grew as, despite his health issues, he's still making valiant efforts to be an active, involved dad and productive member of society.... many faced with the obstacles and issues he's facing would be inclined to fold their tent or close up shop. Not the Pup, he's fighting for his life and carrying on.

This site is supposed to give him a bit of an escape, not add to his angst and stress level. I have no problem with taking our "deal" in whatever direction he wants to take it. I really do just want him to enjoy his time on the site (as hard as that may be for him, me and the others, given the horrible beats we take daily -- at least we have fun and revelry in our sorrows of losing).

Bottom line, the fact that you have issues with them tells me you're not a very friendly guy, and certainly have no compassion. maybe it's the n.e./philly in you.... who knows..... As for Chipup, I say this: thanks for being a stand up guy, and offering to do the buy out. As for the 2k price, I'll lower it back to the 1,500 if you get it done in a week.... that way I can go ship the chips to SBR, uh, I mean "biteme". Good luck Pup, with health and life in general, and of course, poker!

AD