keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

Pendulum Cycle Theory: MLB chase experiment : Nominated Post

Originally posted on 06/29/2014:

I have a money management idea for your Semi-Arbitrage strategy:

I have been looking it over and essentially this is around a -550 wager--give or take. You should/need to win 6 in a row for every 1 you lose just to stay a float. You need to take advantage of the fact you should/could win a few in a row. I propose you set it up like this:

Bet in groups of 6. Make the following statement..."Anytime I win my group of 6, I will profit 1 unit."

A unit could be whatever percent of your bankroll you like. I like 2-3 percent.

You take 1 unit and divide by 6. Each bet needs to win 0.167 unit. You win 6 in a row, you profit 1 unit. When you lose, add your net losses for the group of 6 and add it to your 1 unit profit target. Divide by 6 again and bet to win that amount. You are "chasing" the scenario of winning 6 in a row. Eventually you will win 6 in a row and profit your 1 unit.

example: assume (-550 odds)

You win 5 of 6. your net losses are .0835 unit. Add it back to your target of 1 unit. Divide by 6 again. Each wager is now trying to win .18 instead of .167 unit before.

Now you win only 4 of 6. Your net losses here are 1.26 units. Add that to your target of 1.08 = 2.34 is your new target. divide by 6 again. Each new bet in the group of 6 is .39 unit

Options:

* you can bet multiple games at the same time
    * your target can be whatever unit amount you want
    * the group size can be whatever you want
    * this can be used for any chase, anything with high odds

any questions? thoughts?
    Last edited by keel44; 06-30-14 at 11:15 AM. Reason: adjustment