Originally posted on 06/13/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
Honeybadger, could you elaborate on the penalty a bit?I really want to read argumented opinions on the case though that's really not what I find on the Internet.
Also do you think Olic did a foul against Julio Cesar?

Lovren grabbed and holded Fred from behind, when Brazilian tryed to get to the ball. Fred took that gift and fell easily. That was a foul. All the fouls inside the penalty box are penalties. By the rules.
It is completely other discusion, that 80% of refferes wouldn't give that penalty. If I would be in that position, I wouldn't give it either. But I can't blame japanese refferee, for calling it.

And that Olic's foul on Julio Cesar, was clean as a whistle. In that 5-meter area, goalkeeper is given a foul, if you only look at him in a wrong way. Let alone, bumping him, when he goes up for the ball.

I felt for Croatia yessterday, because they deserved better result. But you know how people say: What goes around, comes around. With the football which both teams showed yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Croatia would get further then Brazil in this competition.