Originally posted on 05/06/2014:

Well boys....I am back! A humbled man, who blew off his last $3k, tilting like never before. That was why I stopped posting, in fact stopped betting altogether.

I had had to take another step back.....maybe this will always be the way it is. You see, I am not just a capper, not just a guy that loves sports, I am also a guy with an addiction. Since early in my days I have always been a gambler, always been into having 'action' wherever I could find it.

The truth of the matter is that when I was a small child I would play both of my grandmothers for pennies, whether it was crazy 8's, gin rummy or cribbage I always had a game going on. At school in Grade 5 and 6 I was sent home on three separate occasions when teachers found me running a game of penny poker. I still remember how it felt to keep filling that medicine bottle of pennies that I had.

After high school I went to work in restaurants and bars and at that time in my home town they had just brought in VLT's (video lottery terminals). For the next 6 years I lost everything I made, including my tuition one year, which I was only able to pay because I cashed a jackpot the night before fees were due. Gross? Yes. True? Yes.

My parents found out when they took a look at my school fund one time (I should never have been able to withdraw funds but they had me as a co-account holder) and made me swear them off. I didn't play them for two years and the next time I played them I found that I could do it in a non-compulsive way. I think at that point I was more addicted to the game than I was to the winning or losing of money.

That was the first time I had ever believed that I could control the demon. It felt nice to have that control. Over the next ten years I was mostly a blackjack junkie, and played a ton of poker which funded my blackjack losses. During that time I was also one of the first people to start betting at houses in the Caribbean, mostly on the NFL and did quite well but unfortunately would always tilt after losing days, go nuts and go broke.

For or the last five years or so, everything has pretty much been in check. I make way more than I used to, have more responsibilities than I used to and most gambling has scared me away....frankly I could not afford to go on tilt at a Blackjack table anymore....BUT that was when I rediscovered the joy of sports betting and frankly the art of winning. For the first six months I barely hit a speed bump and didn't have one ten day stretch that wasn't profitable.

The he problems came this year....after I took the summer off I came back at the fifteen game mark of the NHL and NBA seasons and I started off in a grand way. I believe I was something like 39-11 my first 50 bets (my first day back was 12-1). Shortly after that though the issues began.....I had serious problems in the NBA this year and it seemed like every move I made turned out very wrong. Every half time adjustment resulted in a loss, every move I made for or with RLM turned out badly....it was tough for my ego to take, this was the NBA, my bread and butter!!

I wish I could say that I took a breather because I wasn't seeing the games right, because I needed a break....anything, but the reason was that I busted. I had never deposited in my year and a half of wagering.....but my last stretch I blew off $3k and then deposited another $1k and blew that off as well. And at that point, my ego bruised and my account empty, I started to get scared and I closed up shop. I think knowing that I was still up $14k helped in some ways and in other ways I wanted to protect that profit.

What worried me the most? The sickness. I was scared as shit, because in days past I would have kept going. I could feel it happening, feel myself actually getting mad at ESPN, the teams I was betting on, my phone, the person that called during an important foul shot. All of these things scared me....I had controlled it for so long and I was losing control...and had to leave.

I am back now...back with the attitude that I started with, back, happy and not caring so much when a team shits the bed. I lost my biggest bet this week when I had Houston straight up and Portland delivered a dagger to my heart.....when that happened I expected anger, but instead just shrugged my shoulders moved on. It was then that I knew I was back.

I have missed you you my fellow freaks. Good luck and I will see you around.

D2D