Originally posted on 04/26/2014:

1) Sterling has the right to say what he wants to say, when he wants to say it, as long as it isn't "fire!" in a crowded movie theater when there is no fire or immenent danger, or something along that ilk.

2) Nothing is proven, there are allegations, but no proof.
When there is proof, then speak, until then, one should reserve judgement.
Speaking of the word judgement, seems to me there is a lot of rush to judgement going on here.

3) He's the boss, he's the owner, the only person that can ask him to step down is the boss of the NBA

Speaking of rush to judgement.

Reverend Jesse Jackson weighed in on Sterling's alleged comments.
"The first burden is upon the commissioner, Adam Silver, to act decisively because we don't want this to drag on throughout the playoffs," the noted civil rights activist said. "Donald Sterling should be banned immediately. The question is for how long. To do otherwise would subject his players to the indiginity of working for a racist.
"And since Donald Sterling doesn't want blacks to go to his games, blacks should not go to his games. And whites who view blacks as equals should not go to his games. Why should the players even play for him when he has stated that their relatives -- their children, their parents, some of their wives -- are not welcome at their games."

1) "act decisively because we don't want this to drag on throughout the playoffs,"

Sounds like the "reverend" is rushing to judgement here to me

2)
"Donald Sterling should be banned immediately"

Uhh, Rev, let's have some type of hearing or something first.
It's still just allegations.
Rev, your buddy Al Sharpton was quick to rush that Tawana Brawley was an innocent girl too, how'd that work out.

3) I believe blacks should be treated as equals and I believe they are equals, but I don't need, nor want Jesse telling me to attend basketball games based on what one man may or may not have said, regardless of his past.
I am more than capable of independent thought, I don't need your opinion there Jesse.