Originally posted on 04/25/2014:

wife and I got a late start on our venture to lake charles, arriving at Lauberge around 8 pm last night. way too long wait list on the only 2-5 tbl running, so to play any poker last night it was goind to have to be 1-3. Max buy in for 1-3 was $300, and looking over the landscape, ie, donkscape, of the players I was going to be joining, I fig'd $200 would do the trick and bought in for that..... a few touristy/newbie types, a few old asian and caucasian regulars... typical louisiana game.....

To sum it up, I have my poker sanity restored..... cashed out for $945 after roughly 4 1/2 hours of play....... in a very, very non-SBullshitR fashion, I only took two river beats the entire night ..... four card flushed once by an aggressive player with a big stack despite betting my jacks pre and post flop, and a four card straight by a short stacked all in donk..... very few suckouts on the entire table---only a handful all night---very, very unlike SBullshitR!

amazingly, and also in a very non-SBullshitR fashion, the newbies/inexperienced players LOST THEIR ASSES.... NO NEW PLAYER KARMA.... inexperienced dumbasses who limped into hands hoping to hit their king sevens, jack eights, shipped their chips and were summarily disposed of.... several young military guys intown for some sort of huge convention provided a revolving door of min-buyin fish who were preyed upon by the skilled players at the table..... each lasting around 25-30 mins before their hundred bucks was gone, some even less, with no SBullshitR runner runner hail mary's being provided by the dealers.....

it's nice to play some REAL poker and have my sanity restored..... now, off to have some bloody mary's and lounge by pool with my ever-so-sexy better half, and otherwise "prep" for the afternoon session!!!!

love,
AD

ps.... may even throw in some non-rigged Pai Gow!