Originally posted on 04/08/2014:

Some of these kids are can't miss kids when they step onto a college campus. If you are a professional basketball player then be just that. Leave HS and go D-League or overseas. Why go to college and be exploited without pay for one year? I mean did we just find out Julius Randle or Jabari Parker or Wiggins were likely going pro after one year? Why not go overseas and make a half mil or maybe more for a year? Come back after that year and jump in the draft. And then you have the jerk offs that will say, "What about the exposure you get from playing D1 ball for an elite college program?". If you are the goods they will find you. I don't care where you are. Why make these coaches and the university and literally any and everyone associated with the program rich while you can't see a dime? Makes zero sense to me why more can't miss kids don't go these other routes. College sports are nothing more than pro sports without the players on the payroll. Simple as that. The notion that if a student is paid that makes him no longer a student is ridiculous and has been pumped into our heads for years. This notion is entrenched into the very fabric of how we view sports. Stop pretending. Let's all stop.