Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=21610116'>posted</a> on 04/10/2014:

For some reason, I don't think we see that blow out matches that we saw yesterday. The only good match was Isner I guess at night, but today I would expect some good exciting matches, maybe some dogs hit and maybe some 3 setters...

12 - I watched Johnson play TWICE this week. His first serve was not going in a ton. And his obvious weakness & that is why him and his coach were working on these specifically on the practice court when I watched him yest... was his backhand. He can get around to hit the forehand, BUT Verdasco is lefty. That cross court deadly forehand will eat up that backhand of Steve's. I saw Verdasco was hitting solid in the dubs!!! He was pasting the ball for winners... I cannot see Johnson beating Verdasco today, I just can't... I think Verdasco will be way too exp on the clay & I think is just playing better at the moment from what I saw... Verdasco -215

12 - Young played amazing the other day, BUT it was against horrible in form Harrison on this clay. Ryan quit yest I heard... Today he plays Monaco, I saw Juan in the Stadium court & he looked good. He did hit a few errors, but he was playing offense for sure, controlling the rallies & hitting winners. IF he serves well, he wins this match in straights I think. I was leaning on Young +4.5 games, that would not be a bad play maybe, but the money line on Monaco is a good play I think bec if Young goes mental in a small stretch, Monaco could take a set 6-3 for sure... Young usually folds against the big bigger pros, on clay Monaco would be one of those guys IMO.. Monaco -275

1:30 - I know Sock is the big hometown guy & everyone loves him, BUT he can struggle on the rallies. I did not see him play the other day, but I DID see Becker play twice. I talked to him after he won the doubles yest afternoon when he was at this bench, I took a pic with his partner bec I did not know who he was, he was SUPER nice!!! HELL of a dubs players, WOW!!! Becker said he felt great, he was really excited for his singles tomm (which is today) & he was hitting the ball really clean! What I liked to see is that he was serving ACES yesterday, his serve looked on for sure. IF he serves well today, he pushes Sock bigtime I feel.... Becker +4 games -105

1:30 - I did not see Gonzalez A play the other day OR Lopez. This could be a battle IMO... I don't have a feel here at Lopez -205, they are def giving AG a chance to win this match. I can't see Lopez losing, he looked very focused on the far far practice court yesterday, he didn't want ANY distractions I think & was hiding in the back... Hmmmm.... Over 22.5 games -110

1:30 - I also did not see Robredo play or practice at all. I have no idea how he is hitting the ball.. I do know that Giraldo looked solid yest, served really well & he was pasting his forehand and backhand yest. He moves really well & he should really fight hard and be a tough match for Robredo for sure today I think... Hmmmm.... Over 22 games -110

***Just a few thoughts on the matches today, I will be back later after lessons this morning, I wish everyone the BOL today & if anyone has any info or thoughts to share, let all of us know Beautiful day in Houston today, adios...