I have had trouble with "black" over this issue in the workplace. I use to work for a secondary lender and we serviced a many of low-life "black" people that always came across with a attitude. One even went as far as telling me one day I owed him. Bad choice and bad timing for him. You see, other times I would have just bit my lip and not caused a stir in the office because I am married and need a job.
However, I was moving on from this job and had already put in my two weeks notice and could really give a shit about the repucussions of my actions.

I told the low-life MF'er that "he had never been a slave, and I had never owned any slaves and he was welcome to travel back whenever he was ready and that I would help foot the bill" LOL! It felt good. You could tell he was use to pushing little white collar white boys and girls around with this act. I can't lie in other situations I would have bit my lip to not cause a stir or riot that almost ensued in the office. I knew this was going to end bad, but didn't care. I was released early from my notice. You can't say shit to the black's when they are out of line in this world today.

If I told a "black" man that I was owed I would probably be taken to prison.