Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=20872364'>posted</a> on 01/14/2014:

Hopefully that would be my last post in this forum, in regards to placing bets ... I would like to call all of you who want to stop gambling ... many of you including myself were under the impression that gambling is something fun, recreational and entertaining.

Many of you including myself, were under the impression that Gambling should be made responsibly, but that is a myth! There is no such thing a responsible gambling - it doesn't exist!

Smart people either never bet, or at worst put a 1 pound / dollar bet, and leave ... the other group of people are those who are addicted to it ... as long as you keep on gambling you are serving the exact purpose of the gambling establishment owner who will get more of your money, and it's not a question of whether it would happen or not, it's a fact.

Even if you win big time (search my post for big win of $10,000 betting on Obama to win the elections, just google my username and Obama, you would find it) ... trust me, you would lose it in the end, and I lost much more than that afterwards.

I know many of you are so much into gambling and you won't take it seriously I guess, some of you even like to make a laugh out of posts like this, and I can only pity you if that's what you intend to do in this thread, however I know my words won't fall on dead ears, and even if I manage to help a few others here, who might be non-registered users who happen to read this post, or other users who do pay attention to it ... at least I did my best here.

I encourage you to read the book of Gambling Facts and Fictions if you want to stop gambling, it does talk about the exact issues you're here, it's an excellent book for those who "love" sports betting and cannot find enough information about it on other "gamcare" websites which talk more about fruit machines and other gambling stuff you are probably not interested with and seeing those who try those as "stupid gamblers" ... trust me, we're all stupid gamblers, whether we bet on football, basketball, tennis, hockey or horse racing ...

I hope that my words and this post would serve as a good starting point for those who need it...

Wishing you goodluck winning on a daily basis, simply by not betting at all.