Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=20818312'>posted</a> on 01/09/2014:

I have been a 5dimes customer since 2009 losing around $20,000 over that time and never once cashing out. I still have an open account there but will NEVER send more money to them, and this is why. I hope that my troubles help someone else not be victimized by them.

5dimes security is horrible. They ask you for your actual internet password over unsecure live chat that my tech in our office hacked yesterday in less than two minutes and could not only read the so-called private message but could type funny stuff in your chat. They do the same over the phone. So I'm supposed to trust every single minimum wage employee in a 3rd world country that they have now or have ever had in the past with that information. Along with that I'm supposed to trust that there isn't someone hacking the chat program they are using.

5dimes also has ripped me off 3 TIMES in regard to the 20% free play bonus. They say they will put it in my account then never do. Finally I will have to call or chat and after hours and getting to the point of wanting to kill someone they will FINALLY post it, but only if I give my password, which EVERY one of their operators has in front of them to verify your account with anyway.

5dimes has marked 3 winners as losers in the last month. I never really tracked this before but on 12/1/13 I decided to start to track how my account was being credited and found 3 errors on rather large wagers that were mis-credited. Again, they forced me to give my account password over an unsecure chat before changing it. You would think they would thank me for pointing out the particular game and error but instead I had to jump through about 6 hoops before they would change the error. All 3 circumstances were similar and had similar results when I told them so this is not just some fluke. I think it is a strategy on their part to reduce winnings and make it a huge hassle to get them corrected so that you will just give up.

5dimes lines are off compared to others. I have recently opened accounts with 3 other sports books so that I can find a new home. The lines at the new books are always identical or very close. The 5dimes lines are the only ones that have a discrepancy. This can be a good thing but in general I would prefer to have the odds be what I expect. This is especially true on their money lines for NBA, NFL, and NHL games. Their soccer, golf, and NASCAR are much higher too but I don't bet those.

5dimes site SUCKS. While it is easy to use, their bandwidth is horrible. The site slows at all major times to the point that changing pages times out and you are kicked from the site. In addition, they have tons of errors such as broken sockets, database issues, and hanging queries that simply give you an error and boot you from the site as well. This is especially prevalent on football Sundays, now I notice it nightly when the first round of NBA/NHL games go off.

One positive thing about 5dimes is they offer a lot of alternative line options, which I cannot find anywhere else. This is the reason I have taken the beating that I have over the last 5 years as a customer of theirs but all this has worn thin and now I'm finally taking my business elsewhere. I hope that each of you will sense my frustration and see that these issues are more than enough reason to choose a different sports book as there are MANY choices for you.

Lastly, please do not let 5dimes employees who are paid to post here and elsewhere very positive messages influence your decisions. It is pretty obvious which ones they are so I'm sure you can pick them out but just remember that for offshore books reputation is important so they protect that when they can. If you are truly mistreated, mislead, or stolen from, you should post about it so that others can learn from your story.