Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=20745776'>posted</a> on 01/03/2014:

Well, my writeup seemed well received from the SBR Nation and I don't see any reason why I can't take an extra couple minutes of my handicapping to put my thoughts on screen. Tomorrow, we'll be staying in the Atlantic 10 Conference and going with a team that is coming off an embarrassing and disheartening loss at Kansas State. It's not easy to go into Manhattan and get a win, especially when allowing KST to shoot almost 50% from the field. I'm expecting a much better effort at the Smith Center from the Colonials on Friday.

Georgia is starting a brutal stretch of games and has shown some promise, reeling off 5 wins in a row after a defeat to Colorado. 5 wins in a row, you say?? That's pretty good. Hardly. Georgia's winning streak came against some of the poorest competition in the country. Much like my play yesterday against Brown, I cannot reward wins against far lesser opponents. The Bulldogs reeled of victories over App State (#318), Chattanooga (#305), Lipscomb (#252), Gardner Webb (#254) and Western Carolina (#215) and all AT HOME. Forget about taking your show on the road, they'll just beat up on nobodies in Athens. This will be UGA's second true road game, after their 14 point loss to the Buffaloes. Georgia on the road raises some major question marks for me, but that's not all.

Gee-Dub sports an 11-2 record this season with their only losses coming to Marquette (#48) and Kansas State (#57) both away from home. They've beaten some quality opponents this season, including Crieghton, Maryland, Miami FL, and Manhattan....all away from home. This is a team that knows how to travel, knows how to hang with tough competition and relishes in the fact they're back home. I'll be looking for Senior Maurice Creek to have his way Georgia and post some solid numbers. He's always solid from the field and compliments Kevin Larsen beautifully. Georgia has a couple guys that can really turn it on, but outside of Nemanja Djursic and Donte' Williams, there really isn't much there. Colonials will D these guys up, limit their production and should be able to cruise to a 10+ victory. Better team, more seasoned team, and trying to rebound after a sloppy performance in a hostile environment.

I have faith in the Colonials to right to ship tomorrow in the Capital City and deliver a solid victory vs. an outmatched and outclassed Bulldogs team.

George Washington Colonials -9.5