Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=20702110'>posted</a> on 12/30/2013:

Today while in NYC my new blushing bride and yours truly were having lunch at the famous diner Katz deli where they made the movie When Harry met Sally, the place is good but what a zoo... wall to wall people and you need a ticket just to leave.. In Philly, you leave when you want.. Anyway here's the deal as we were walking on rodeo drive on the east side near the west side border, we saw 2 guys arguing.. Now, normally I don't look for trouble but these guys were pretty much shouting at one another piratically face to face.. My wife hates conflict and confrontation.. I on the other hand really don't have an issue with that stuff in life, especially all that I've been through in life and being homeless for a summer in 1996. So, we're on the other side of the street and I say to my lady.. Babe, I gotta go make sure things don't get out of hand. She stays on the street and I calmly walk over and say about 10 feet away..guys whats up.. they ignored me to the fullest.. they're still yelling and posturing and heated, I can feel this might escalate into a flat out first hand fight. Now, I raise my voice and pretty much get as close to separating them as can be.. I'm big and strong if you all didn't know, not just my weight but I'm 6'4 and to be honest.. people don't mess with me.. not that I'm rough and tough, just I think its the thought that he's a big guy and I workout as well..anyway the one guy I think he was Latin, looks at me and says.. get the f.ck outta my face, in that accent you know... the other guy was white and about the same size.. both were around 6 feet tall and both average build. Before I can say or do anything.. the white guy sucker punches me in the gut.. took me by surprise I can't lie.. it hurt a little but sure aint gonna knock me down for the count... the other guy actually lunges towards the white guy and they go at it.. My poor wife is across the street screaming because she saw her man get hit.. I turn quickly and wave to her like everything's OK, I sprang to my left and grabbed them both and pretty much told them to get the hell outta here.. I had to calm the situation as fast as I can.. people were just staring and a few mins later a transit cop pulled up and asked what the hell was going on... after a brief debate between the 2 guys I walked away back to my wife.. In life sometimes its the right thing to do if you're of the mindset that you're going to make a difference.. Sammy took on NYC today and won!!!