Originally posted on 12/17/2013:

had to pop in for yet another "where amazing happens" gnashing-of-teeth session...a number of days back i declared that i'd had it for any negative spreads in the NBA...because of shit like this...(POR -4.5)...they're up comfortably with 7 points with 34 seconds left...then manage to get tied AND then win by 3 points..(first of all, how is it even possible to blow a 7-point lead in 34 seconds in a game with a 29-second shot clock and guys who presumably are no strangers to shooting fouls?)...the size of the spread is not a secret to anyone on the floor...game smells like bad fish on an increasingly-regular basis

having the anti-amazing shield in place (ie. the ML) is an expensive way to go...but it's protected me from putting a brick thru my monitor more than once since i made this vow

I notice you're moving in this direction too as i've noticed NBA ML's popping up more and more on your cards...

to make such a practice easier to swallow, i risk exactly one unit on such a play and treat it as if it were simply the first leg of a multi-leg BB-fave ml parlay...better to get to keep your 100 and make 50 bucks with a smile on your face...than feel like you've had 110 stolen AND been gang-raped at the same time