Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=20223016'>posted</a> on 11/12/2013:

Just finished watching the video on ESPN of all the troops coming home, and can't help but tear up. I've seen it countless times, but it doesn't matter, shit always gets to me. I'll never forget that feeling of coming home from Iraq in 2007, that joy of making it home mixed with the sadness of my fellow brothers who didn't make it back with us. I'm honored and humbled to have served (still currently in the drilling reserves actually), and will never forget those I was forced to bury with a heavy heart, those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. It is a great feeling knowing that our great country (and servicemen in other countries like our Aussie boy Sando) is full of the type of people that show appreciation and gratitude for our sacrifices. You may not have served, but you served us by giving us that support, and we thank you. Sorry about the rant guys, just wanted to say thanks to all of the vets on this forum and thanks to all of the posters who regularly contribute plays here to helps us all destroy our bookies! God bless you all, and may we continue to help each other withdraw from the bookies!!! Cheers!!!

Semper Fi
Sgt. Dan