Originally posted on 10/07/2013:

Cobb has had a very solid season, and I've been a supporter of the kid during his short career.
He's going to have a very bright career.

Having said that, Alex Cobb is no mystery to the Boston Red Sox.
Sox hammered Cobb the last two times he started against them.

on 9/11 in Tampa, Sox smashed three doubles, a homer, and Cobb walked three in five and 2/3 IP's in a 7-3 ND loss.

on 6/10 also in Tampa, Sox rammed Cobb for 6 earned runs on 7 hits, Cobb also walked three, never got to the fifth inning in a 10-8 ND loss.

I get Cobb's gaudy 11-3 season. I applaud the tidy 1.15 WH/IP ratio, and the sparkling 2.76 ERA, but this Sox line up spooks him. In his behalf, he did pitch well against Boston back in April, but recent history shows Red Sox kill the kid.

Red Sox send out 12 and 1 Buchholz, whose across the board numbers were incredible.
12-1 record, 1.74 ERA, 1.05 WH/IP ratio, off the charts tremendous, these are Pedro numbers, Kershaw numbers, makes Cobb's terrific season look ordinary.

Now pay attention here fellas
Buchholz has made two starts this season against Tampa Bay.

On 4/14 Bucky went 8 full innings, dominated the Rays yielding 0 earned runs on 2 hits, striking out 11, he walked four, but you can overlook that.

On 9/10, his first start off the DL, Buchholz pitched five full innings in a tune up start, giving up 0 runs again on 3 hits, 1 walk, striking out 6.

Do the math here, In two starts 13 innings, 0 runs, 5 hits, 17 K's against the Rays.
Doesn't get much better than that.

Don't care if the game is in Tampa, Sox have creamed the kid down there twice.

Sox have been hitting the ball better than Tampa, Sox have the better starter tonight, Sox have Uncle Mo on their side, everything thing is pointing to a Sox win and sweep.
I'm getting a pick 'em price on a -130 game.

It's over Johnny.

Sox here is the play.
336 gets 300