Originally posted on 10/01/2013:

Week 5 Play: This week we might be looking at the perfect storm... One team had high hopes but their season is pretty much over 4 weeks in... The other never had any hopes, but they get their best player back after serving a 4 week suspension... Yes, I like the Jags this week, and trust me, I know Blaine Gabbert is the worst quarterback in the league... (Geno Smith is right on his heels, we can't count Mark Sanchez anymore? Right?? There's no way he starts another NFL game.)

Anyways, here's some of the reasons I like Jacksonville this week...

The Rams Can't Stop the Run- The Cardinals and Falcons didn't exploit this in the first 2 weeks, but the cat is out of the bag now... DeMarco Murray and Frank Gore gashed this defense the last two weeks... The Rams are undersized on defense and it is pretty obvious if you watch the tape... If there is one thing the Jaguars can do somewhat well it is run between the tackles with Maurice Jones-Drew... This will allow them to shorten the game and open up the passing game...

Jaguars Get Their Best Player Back- If you don't know who Justin Blackmon is, you will soon enough. He is one of the most talented young wide receivers in the game, and he returns this week for the Jaguars... He gives them the big play threat they desperately need... And he also allows WR Cecil Shorts to return to more of a secondary option where he thrived last year...

The Jags Suck, but not as much as you probably think- Three of the Jags four games this year have been against some very good teams... The Chiefs, Seahawks, and Colts all look to be playoff teams... So you can't expect a team without it's best receiver and only true play-maker to compete with teams like this... They fall behind early, and things get exponentially worse because they are forced to abandon their run-first gameplan and put the ball in the air with no receiving threats... With Blackmon back and the ability to run the ball somewhat effective against a soft run defense, they should be able to actually compete this week...

Summary: They say you should never bet on bad teams, well I think we have two bad teams playing each other this week... Believe it or not, I think the Jags have the better running game and I'm sure they'll have the best receiver on the field this Sunday... And as bad as Blaine Gabbert is, Sam Bradford isn't much better...

I think the Jags have a shot to win this game at more than 4-1 underdogs, but I will take the points and look to take any Maurice Jones-Drew rushing props I can find... (Anything around 70 yards is a must play on the over) The team total will probably be around 14-16 points, I think they go over that as well...

Week Five Play: Jaguars (+11) -110

POW Record: 3-0-1 +3.00 Units