Originally posted on 08/11/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
No1, we've all heard your opinions (albeit without any supporting evidence or convincing argument), but it doesn't matter how many times you say something, it won't make it true...otherwise about two thirds of the forum would have been hospitalized by wulfy at some point!!

To clarify, a significant portion of this forum would indeed buy points to settle a debt if they had to. Just about everyone who's posted in this thread would almost certainly do so if required to live up to their word; the fact that we don't go as nuts as wulf doesn't mean we wouldn't act as he did if needed.

While your opinion on consolidation is noted, there's simply no way consolidation was even a remote possibility. That only "works" in the real world due to a number of factors that are missing here (creditors who are willing to set aside portions of debt, enforcable contracts, extremly low interest rates due to insane inflation, etc) and even then it's a pretty terrible arrangement most times, trashing people's creditworthiness for years (not to mention demonstrating a lack of character). To suggest it would work here is to be very "unenlightened" in either math, the SBR loan market or both. Of course, you're always welcome to prove us wrong...DS, yisman, myself and others have several borrowers who could use some "consolidation" from you!

You don't seem like a bad guy no1, I get the feeling you're simply arguing the wrong point. I agree with you that it was "foolish" for wulf to run up as much debt as he did, in the same sense that it's "foolish" for me to eat fast food, or skip a workout, or do anything else that usually qualifies as "fun". Since wulf is his own man, he gets to do what he wants though, and as long as he can make good on it there's no justification for giving him shit about it.
Far too rational, well thought out, and non aggressive of a post. Dislike.