Originally posted on 08/01/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
I am quite sure what you are talking about there Deuce. No one has run Wisconsin out of any arena in the last 4 years, their biggest league loss was a 34-24 loss to Michigan State back in 2010.

Wisconsin has been to the last 3 Rose Bowls--- they lost to TCU by 2 points, Oregon by 7, and Stanford by 6. All three teams finished the year ranked in the Top 5.

I mean, I know that is very Bo Schembechler-esque, but they didn't get rolled in any of those games.

Wisconsin lost 21-14 in OT to Ohio State last year, and they lost 4 games by 3 points or less.

If anything, Wisconsin has been the class of the Big 10 since 2009.

Which is why I'm quite excited to now have their coach.

And J, your analysis of the ACC had some error to it - Georgia is not in the ACC, they are in the SEC (east division). I actually think the ACC has gotten better the last couple of years. FSU is very solid along with Clemson and Miami finally seems to be picking it up a little bit. Also, NC State has been a decent team the last few years as well. UNC might surprise some people this year but they are not consistently good.

SEC is far and away he best conference in the nation, best teams, best talent (recruiting), best depth (recruiting), best coaches (for the most part).

Big 12 used to be up there with them but they have really fallen off as of late. UT is not what it used to be, and in the past two years OU has fallen off a bit as well (though both have a pretty high standard set there). The bottom of their conference has really come around though. Baylor is no longer a write-off win, OK State is now one of the leaders of the conference, and even Tech is getting better. The conference has really middled out I'd say.

Big 10 is pretty top heavy with Ohio State and Michigan at the top (though Michigan recently got back to form after a rough couple of years). Wisconsin actually took Michigan's place the last few years IMO. MSU can be decent but other than that the rest of the league is pretty sub par (though look out, Northwestern trying to make a name for itself now!)

Pac 12 has really flip flopped recently - used to be USC #1 followed by Oregon. Stanford used to be the bottom of the barrel. Not anymore! Stanford and Oregon have now been competing for the conference titles while USC struggles to post a winning record. Oregon State is decent some years but has trouble with recruiting/competing because of Oregon. The rest of the league is pretty mediocre.

Those are really the only ones I pay attention to. Some of those descriptions may be a bit off, someone please correct me if I am wrong on something, was just going off the top of my head.

Hope this helps