Originally posted on 07/06/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
was thinking because of murray's form and the home crowd and the fact that djoker played the longest semi-final ever. give me a break man, i'm not a professional tennis bettor, just a hack who loves the action.
I don't think there was anything wrong with your assumption. EP was just being cranky.

Murray will always be the underdog in these situations because his brain fades and emotional issues before still linger. Djoko is indisputably the best player in the world so until he starts losing a few of these finals, he's going to be favoured other than against Rafa on clay. My two cents: Just like how I thought people were wayyyyyyy overvaluing the quality of competition Lisicki faced coming into the final, I think we shouldn't give too much credence to the length of Djoko's last match. He's extremely fit and while the DelPo match might eventually weigh on his legs, he wins more with shot selection and his brain, often no legs required. If you like Murray to win (as I do) ignore that factor because I've tried to bank on it before and have been burned.