Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=19075432'>posted</a> on 07/05/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Wait, Gabe learned math?! Unreal. I need to come back to the sub forum now that hockey is finished.

You do give good advice with good logic and good answers when it comes to definitive matters. 90% of the convos on here are predictive matters that don't have a right or wrong answer until the fights are done. That is where I think you could ease up a bit on how you post. You may not agree with a person's method or reasoning but you don't have to talk (type) down to them.

***Although, getting destroyed in math by Gaberz may cause anyone to go a little mad***

I cap Silva at -500, he's -220 so that's not good enough to straight bet him. I did put him in four 8-team parlays though...winnerz
I think that you are absolutely right about that. The reality of an internet forum is, though, that sometimes when you encounter RandomScreenNameSwagX, whom I've never had a conversation with before and who clearly knows very little about UFC and is posting in a gambling thread about how awesome Anderson Silva is or how Weidman is the great white hope, it's difficult to consider this person as an individual, rather than as a part of a greater hivemind of retardation. I'll put it to you this way: I'm sure there's a guy named Jerry who's a good family man, loves his wife, does well by his kids, is really fun to have a beer with, and treats his friends with dignity and respect, but he really hates black people. When I see JerryXSwag on an internet forum, I don't think of him as a person with good and bad traits, I think of him as a perpetuation of a really f-cking stupid idea. That's the reason you can have so many people spending so much time arguing in Youtube comments; they don't really think they're arguing with Brooke, 23, law student, they think they're arguing with LawSwagX, who hates Obama and thinks that he's a war criminal. It's part of the human condition, I think. I'm not calling Craig, 25, mechanical engineer and rabid Silva fanboy, an idiot, I'm calling the idea that he represents in our limited interaction idiotic. Sort of.